Sunday 17 March 2013

Popping in, Popping Out

1st of March? Seriously?? That was the last time I posted here??? Wow. I can't believe how badly I've neglected this blog! I guess I just have too much on my plate right now, been focusing on that pile of work and running around chasing an endless list of deadlines. Sadly, my time these days have been spent mostly indoors, working in the studio frantically day and night, while I try my best to steal time here and there just to work on some personal stuff.



One thing I've come to realize from having very little time is how it has affected my latest drawings. Strangely enough, I have started to use minimal colors and blending somehow became a more intense therapeutic ritual. I could go on and on adding layers of a single color, just to get to the right level of intensity that I want. If you follow my Facebook page, I'm sure you've seen this in my latest works. I think subconsciously I have been seeking for simplicity in my chaotic life and it's somehow transferred into my work. Sometimes it's hard being an artist. You just can't seem to hide anything. ;)

Anyway, I'm really sorry for not writing more often and I honestly can't promise to get back to my usual posting routine any time soon. Thank you so much to those of you who have popped in regularly and for the sweet emails you've sent me. I'm doing fine. Exhausted, but doing just fine. :)

Until next time!





9 comments:

  1. I love both of youre sweet drawings. Thanks for sharing.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear lady,
    artist and mother, big job!!
    i have been enjoying the art you have been making. yes, i do see changes. yet i have always seen changes in your art, which is wonderful.

    i agree, art is revealing. yet i find that the interpretation of the viewer is mostly about them, even if they think it is about you. one person sees one thing, the next sees another.

    wishing you dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh, gorgeous and gorgeous! I love the hints of story you've added as embellishments and background elements as well. These are divine! I'm glad you are finding a little time to steal away for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been slow reading my favourite blogs recently and thought I'd missed so much of yours. I'm so glad I didn't! Your latest pictures are so beautiful and intricate.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful illustrations, love the soft texture!

    http://abigaildavidsonart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every now and then I see posts like this and I get so frustrated because I can't seem to get these kinds of results with color pencils. This is very nice. The little red riding hood picture is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer drawings that are simple and with a limited use of color most of the time...I mean, it's nice to see details here and there but sometimes the illustration just doesn't need those details, then it's better to keep them simple, makes your work more honest and direct, like these fairytale ladies, they don't need anything more, they look beautiful as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous Amalia.
 I love your blog and your work, is amazing!!
!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the frog prince Amalia! Well, actually I love them both. Just beautiful. I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥